Friday, March 16, 2012

Storing Tip # 4 Lemons, Oranges, Limes & Egg Whites

Storing Tip #3 Lemons, Oranges, Limes & Egg Whites

If you have lemons, Oranges or limes and they won't save to leave them in the refrigerator, here is a way to save the juice and rind - first grate the outer rind off (so if you need zest you have it) and place that in baggies and then in a larger freezer bag and freeze.  Now juice the lemons for example, strain out any seeds.   I place it in ice cube trays and freeze it. Then Place the cubes in a freezer container and defrost them when I ready to use them.   Now if you use alot of egg yolks and have egg whites left over then, you can freeze them to BUT I would use containers that you can clean thoroughly so its not contaminated by the eggs.   Always remember to label your containers with the amount you have in it.  Now when you need juice or egg whites just pull out the amount you need and let defrost. These are tips my Mother taught me and I find very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment